Psych NP Talk Episode 1: Escitalopram & LexaproJuly 12, 2021
The #1 Resource for Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners
Are you looking to book a consultation with me? https://thepsychiatricnp.com/services
I offer consultations in Starting a Private Practice and/or a Psychiatric NP Mentorship
Check out my Website: https://thepsychiatricnp.com/
Follow me on TikTok: @ThePsychNP
Best Review Courses:
1. The Lantern Review: PMHNP Board Exam Review
A Review Course that I personally took to pass the ANCC PMHNP Board Exam and was recently updated! This has over 40 Lectures, Videos, 10 Quizzes and 1 Final Comprehensive Exam. This is good for PMHNP students as well to give you a leg up on school!
Use Code: THEPSYCHNP for 10% off!
2. ANCC Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Review: https://amzn.to/2MxFANI
Written by experts who helped create the ANCC PMHNP Board exam, this book and resource manual acts as a clinical reference tool and as a certification examination prep!
Best for Psychopharmacology:
1. Memorable Psychopharmacology: https://amzn.to/3aqJVMa
An actual fun read which helps you learn the basics of psychopharmacology!
2. Stahl’s Essential Psychopharmacology: https://amzn.to/3gV65KY
In this book, Dr. Stahl helps enable you to understand the complexities and nuances of psychopharmacology. This is the single most readily readable source of information on disease and drug mechanisms!
3. Stahl’s Prescribers Guide: Essential Psychopharmacology: https://amzn.to/3eIxFJY
This is a very well detailed book which really helped guide a lot of my clinical decisions in prescribing psychotropic medications my first year!
Best Books for Mental Health Disorders/Diagnoses:
1. Memorable Psychiatry: https://amzn.to/2XUTdxl
This is a fun and enjoyable read into learning Psychiatry and the various mental health disorders!
2. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, DSM-5: https://amzn.to/3gW0Dr6
This is the most comprehensive, current, and critical resource for clinical practice available to today’s mental health clinicians in helping to diagnose and classify mental health disorders!
3. Kaplan and Sadock’s Synopsis of Psychiatry: https://amzn.to/2XSB3fp
This book contains a complete overview of the entire field of psychiatry for clinicians, residents, and students. This edition integrates all the DSM-5 criteria and provides a detailed and comprehensive overview of treatment methods for every known mental disorder!
Best Value for Unlimited Books:
1. Kindle Unlimited Membership Service: https://amzn.to/2yvIq1O
Kindle Unlimited is a new service that allows you to read as much as you want, choosing from over 1 million titles and thousands of audiobooks. … It’s available for $9.99 a month and you can cancel anytime. Try it free for 30 days!