Cardiac | Hypertension (HTN)June 21, 2021
What is hypertension?
And what are the key concepts the NCLEX wants RN nursing students and LPN students to know cardiac medical surgical nursing for adult health?
Studying for a nursing school exam? Click the link below to get FREE access to a massive library of helpful videos (not on Youtube), Cheat Sheets, Study Guides and Quiz Questions! https://simplenursing.com/free-trial/
Hypertension is another name for high blood pressure. Severe hypertension can lead to very serious conditions like heart disease, CVA (stroke), retinopathy (blindness) and even death! Antihypertensive pharmacology are must know for NCLEX, including drugs:
ARBs (Angiotensin receptor blockers)
Calcium channel blockers
Dilators (Vasodilators like Nitroglycerine)
This 9 part video series on cardiac medical surgical adult health nursing is intended to help registered nurse RN students and LPN students with NCLEX memorization tricks. In this video series Michael Linares, RN from Simple Nursing helps explain the nursing pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, causes, pathology, treatment options for various diagnosis, which are expected to know for the NCLEX, HESI, ATI, and Kaplan proctor exams.
For more information on NCLEX cardiac medical surgical nursing topics like heart failure & hypertension (HTN), click here: https://simplenursing.com/free-trial/
Frustrated with boring NCLEX programs “included” in your tuition? Check out the SimpleNursing NCLEX prep mobile app: https://simplenursing.com/free-trial/
– Over 2,000 NCLEX style questions
– Visual in-depth rationales
– 1,200 fun videos & 300 Cheat Sheets covering the most highly tested topics
– Test tips & Memory Tricks included
– 92% pass rate | learn how: https://simplenursing.com/free-trial/
Need help with other difficult nursing school topics?
Click below. We got you covered 🙂
– Fluid & Electrolytes https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnLJSqeCM_EJHXZ685sb67bn
– Heart Failure (CHF) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnLEVzZvkdBX1IWHPg21Jobw
– Myocardial Infarction (MI) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnLLJQsAIsQaHJiOvcLN1cUe
– Addison’s vs. Cushing https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnKT3JBkVTN-hXbyULbPgWz5
– Diabetes Mellitus & DKA vs HHNS https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnKxNrh1HdilzIIH9WM8JrLq
– Cardiomyopathy https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnIeh0g_moaGLzXWiOh3fqdi
– IV Fluids: Hypertonic, Hypotonic & Isotonic https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3NAm8UHLUnIdjUfgMcAE1JIq6Nx29JRX
– Hypertension https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zg95R8H1oo
– Hyperkalemia https://youtu.be/HdG8lqJzWi4
– SIADH vs Diabetes Insipidus https://youtu.be/hKFGGv0E-5A
Follow me on Social Media:
– Subscribe to our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SimpleNursing
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SimpleNursing
– Like us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/SimpleNursing
Thanks for tuning in.
Don’t be scared, BE PREPARED!
#Cardiac #HTN #Antihypertensives